Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Church fellowship, RDA show and the World Cup – Week 11 (June 2010)


Weeks are starting to tick by now, something which I didn’t think I would be saying after only a few weeks of being back. God has certainly be protecting me and keeping me every moment. Got to fellowship with Slough Baptist church on Friday evening where we shared testimonies while eating Krispy Kreme’s and drinking coffee – yummy!

I was honored to be able to volunteer at the RDA South East Regional show being held at the RDA location where I help every week (http://www.rda.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do). A memorable and humbling day had by all. It was a pleasure to be part of the experience and see how children with disabilities (both mental and physical) receive delight in riding horses, the smiles the children had were amazing J And yes we had 8 people qualify for the National Championship!!!!

This week saw the beginning of the World Cup 2010 – while I am not a football fan this is the one time I will watch a bit and support our England team. Saturday was their kick off game and I headed to a football party where it was wonderful to catch up with some of my friends. We have known each other for 10 years now, lovely to see everyone and enjoy their company, good food, oh and of course watching a bit of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment