Wednesday, June 2, 2010

4 Years on, RDA, Flat Stanley cont., on road to recovery – May 2010 (Week 8)

We are into the last full week of May already, it’s true that time does move quicker than we think it will. May 21st marked the day that 4 years ago my life changed, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, since that day I have never looked back – He does so much for us all every single day. Thankfully I am well and truly on the mend from my accident and all signs of the injuries have nearly gone – Praise God :)

Flat Stanley sure has been keeping me busy with taking him places to allow children in America to learn about different places in England. The weather has also changed to suddenly being very hot for this time of the year – perhaps Stanley bought some of the nice weather from NC to us in the UK!

This week I received my green card from Riding for the Disabled (RDA) which now means I am an official and licensed volunteer to work with children and adults at RDA. The joy and therapy the horses give is amazing to witness and be part of and puts into perspective what I take for granted with having full use of my body and mind. Looking forward to being more active within RDA over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment