Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Royal Mile, London and NC - Week 4 (April 2010)

The weather sure has been nice for me so far, still not as warm as America but not too cold either. Thankfully this allowed me to take mum and dad out to Windsor where we went for a wonder, shopping and then we had a picnic on the beautiful grounds of Windsor Castle – they didn’t stop smiling which was great!
Yippee my desk has finally arrived at home so now I have an office set up which is perfect, put all of my personal touches on it so now I can always see the people dear to me when I am working :)

I just love how God puts people in your life; He always knows what He is doing. Just before I left NC I met some people who were neighbours of some very close friends who were also happening to move out to the UK for sometime – small world – right? So off up to London I went to meet up with them. First time I had been in London for a long time but will certainly be going back especially to go shopping! We had a wonderful time together and am thoroughly looking forward to seeing them again and more sites of London.

The ash cloud finally left the UK air space so that meant that people could at last get back to their homes. It also meant that Kerryn and Jenny from NC could touch down! Was wonderful to see them and I got to be a bit of a tourist guide heading back to Windsor to go for a walk down the mile, round the castle and then enjoy a typical British dinner of fish and chips. And yes I got a goodie bag from people in NC – see the pic below!

No comments:

Post a Comment