Monday, April 19, 2010

Everything is blooming plus a volcano! - Week 3 (April 2010)

Time now does seem to be moving a bit quicker. You could say I have settled back in more and have certainly got used to driving on the other side of the road – phew for everyone else on the British roads!

This week was a time for me to see where I could help people as God has blessed me with so much I want His light to shine to others and for them to receive His joy. I volunteered at a local homeless shelter (SHOC – Slough Homeless Our Concern) for a morning to help serve food, donated some clothes and spread God’s message of love, hope and joy. When you hear the peoples stories it certainly humbles you and makes you even more thankful for all you have, not everyone is as lucky as us. Signed up to be there once a month if not more.

We all know how much I LOVE horses and I am now going to be volunteering most Saturdays at the Horse Trust (http://www.horsetrust.org.uk/) which is the oldest horse charity in the world and was established in 1886.

One major event that happened this week that has now impacted most of the world is the eruption of a volcano in Iceland which has caused all flights to be completely grounded. It’s a first in the history of England that all airports and flights were closed; we have never known the skies so empty. Praying for all the thousands of people this has affected over the world, as right now, 5 days into this event there are still no signs of when flights will begin again.

Mum and dad are also getting used to me living under the same roof once more – yes I am sure it’s a shock for all of us!
Love to everyone in NC – miss you all and can’t wait to see you!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I see you are trying to stay in shape riding a bike! But I'm sure it's not the same as a horse. :-)

    ReplyDelete