Monday, October 18, 2010

Dad is always with us – Week 27 (October 2010)

What an amazing Celebration of Life for dad we had. He was such a remarkable person and I am honoured to be his daughter. One Psalm that was read over dad while in hospital and during the service is Psalm 23 – it certainly has a special place in our hearts.

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Mum and I were able to get out an about a bit this week which was nice and enjoyed some fresh air and time together. She is such a strong woman and truly exemplifies Proverbs 31:10-31.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha,

    I hope you are well. You may not remember, but I grew up next door to you in Stoke Green before moving to Suffolk at 9 yrs of age.
    Oddly enough your name popped up in my mind yesterday whilst on the tube, so I did the old facebook check, and then a google search (everyone can be found these days). Alas, I came across your blog.
    I am very sorry to hear about your Dad, which is clearly a very recent loss for you all. I have very fond and early memories of your parents, lots of red hair, and a large 'conker tree'.
    I wish you all the best,
    Tom Prior

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom!!!
    How lovely to hear from your - yes i do remember you infact mum and i were talking the other day about how we all used to play and how we used to take Cookie for walks! I am on facebook and can be found under Samantha Hanebeck - please send me a friend invite :)
    Thank you so much for reaching out and your kind words - it was a sudden shock when dad passed away. I have been living in North Carolina for the past 6 years but came home for a year this year - little did any of us know about dad passing away during this time.
    Please say hi to your family for me and perhaps we can keep in touch on Facebook - take care and it was really lovely you reached out.
    Thank you SO much
    Sam

    ReplyDelete