Monday, October 18, 2010

A Celebration of Dad’s Life – Week 26 (October 2010)

The week was a very ‘odd’ one as mum and I kept feeling dad was on holiday, I suppose in some way he is but he is now with Our Lord and Saviour in his new body. While he is physically away from us on earth he is spiritually with us, we can always see him and feel him and have a great peace, the peace that surpasses all understanding, that he is safe.

Lots of things to get done this week in preparation for dad’s service, it would be a celebration of his life though. God was directing every path and made all our paths straight and all that needed to be accomplished was. The day of dad’s service was very emotional, there were over 80 people at the Hampden Chapel, it’s a true testimony of all the lives that dad touched.

One at Rest

Think of me as one at rest, for me you should not weep.
I have no pain, no troubled thoughts for I am just asleep.
The living thinking me that was is now forever still,
And life goes on without me now, as time forever will.

If your heart is heavy now because I've gone away,
Dwell not long upon it friend for none of us can stay.
Those of you who liked me, I sincerely thank you all
And those of you who loved me, I thank you most of all.

And in my fleeting lifespan, as time went rushing by
I found some time to hesitate, to laugh, to love, to cry.
Matters it now if time began if time will ever cease?
I was here, I used it all, and now I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment