Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dorset weekend and a busy week – Week 17 (July 2010)

This weekend saw me heading off to Dorset for a weekend with my Aunt and Uncle in the countryside. 2 hours later on a train I pulled into Gillingham, Dorset (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillingham,_Dorset). It’s the first time I have seen my Aunt at her home and each moment was special. With all the beautiful and stunning countryside we got to go on stunning walks with Ginny (their dog), felt as if I was on holiday!

Saturday night saw us heading off to one of the National Trust’s Heritage homes, Stourhead (www.nationaltrust.org.uk/stourhead/) where we got to enjoy an evening picnic set in stunning scenery with an amazing firework display all choreographed to music to send the evening. Many memories from that night. Next morning was off to the airfield to watch some of the micro light planes and see the beautiful countryside that God has created. Eventually after a lovely bbq for lunch I gradually made my way back to Stoke Green.

Work was busy to say the least this week, so pleased I had a relaxing weekend to cope with the hours this week would bring! Oh and of course coffee and chocolate helps to keep me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment