Friday, September 10, 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend in Paris – Week 22 (August/September 2010)

So here we are at the end of August moving into September. This weekend is the UK Bank Holiday and I was off and away to Paris for the extended time – hard to think I had never been to Paris up till now. So here we are at the end of August moving into September. This weekend is the UK Bank Holiday and I was off and away to Paris for the extended time – hard to think I had never been to Paris up till now.
Pretty early start had to catch the ferry from Dover to Calais, now I remember how I don’t do too well on boats………… thankfully the Channel Crossing wasn’t too bad and my sea legs didn’t take too long to get rid of. The second we arrived in France it was switching over to driving on the other side of the road then a long ish drive to hotel in Paris. Gradually my French came back to me but I sure could tell it was rusty!

Sunday morning and after a Continental Breakfast it was off to see all the sites of Paris. So many to name they would take up too much room! One of the major highlights was making it up to the top of the Eiffel Tower, the views were amazing. Of course I had to eat crepes, lots of cheese and bread oh and ice cream! The tour of Paris was breathe taking, check out the pictures by clicking the link:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=494695&id=898345077&l=1aa107b3fa

In the evening it was a cruise up and down the Seine River before finally crashing back to bed in the hotel early on Monday morning. On route back to Calais we stopped at Mont-Martre and got to see the stunning Sacre-Couer and was blessed enough to be part of worship service then made our way back to Calais. Time had gone very quickly and the icing on the cake (as it were) for the weekend away was a picture perfect sunset over the Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment